Hey! I'm Jay. I don't necessarily like putting myself in defined boxes, but on this page I'm going to attempt to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a 'multipotentialite' which means that I'm deeply curious about a bunch of different topics, career opportunities and perspectives. Currently, the majority of my mental energy is dedicated toward creating beautiful content and community, coaching and consulting on Facebook advertising, and photography.
I'm a passionate climber, cyclist, surfer, reader of books and speaker of words. Though I like to listen as much as I might speak! I'm originally from South Africa and currently living in Boulder, CO. I tend to travel around a lot and I'm always looking for new connections around the world. If you want to grab a coffee, send me an email or tweet me :)
My perfect Day
What I've Achieved
- Set-up and launched a pop-up shop in London in less than 36 hours
- Successfully run Facebook ads for a diverse bunch of companies around the world. Ensuring a high ROI for each of them
- Designed and published a book (not authored by me)
- Designed and facilitated 3 Facebook Ad workshops as of now
- Photography project to document outdoor adventure tours around Israel and Jordan
- Attempted world first paddle-board down Scandinavia's longest river
- Grown online communities into the hundred thousand mark, around products/mission with purpose
- Founded JTD salvage at 19- An electronic repairs and sales business.
- Photography Diploma
- Digital Marketing Diploma
- Start-up tribe programme graduation (13 week intensive start-up/business course)
- Cycled from London to Paris
- 1 week self sufficient, wild cycle tour of the Scottish Highlands (read about it here)
- Running Adventure Goat
- Climbed Kilimanjaro and Meru (this was a childhood dream!)
- Made it through a 10 day silent meditation retreat (Vipassana)
To explore our world. Study maps under unfamiliar stars through the pitter-patter in my chest. Follow my instincts and let curiosity be my guide. Discover new lands and embrace uncertainty. To meet new cultures and leave smiles along the way. To carve an identity, develop minds and nurture community.
My favourite books
Philosopher and the Wolf
How to Win Friends and Influence People
The Dolphins Tooth
Into The Wild
Oh man, that was a lot of typing. If you made it to the end - High Five!